September 18, 2012

Recent Reece-isms

This picture was taken on Reece's first day of Parent's Day Out.

"Mom, I need to go play in the backyard because. . . because. . . because I'm awesome."
     Reece feels like she has to justify everything she does. If she can't think of a good reason, this is her go-to.

"Mom, my stomach hurts...because I have red hair. And it is long and beautiful."
     She's been admired a time or two (usually by complete strangers!) for her hair!

"Mom, can you tell Jacob to stop playing with my Legos? Because . . . they are breakable and they have mosquito bites."
     
     One day while sitting in our car in a parking lot waiting for Jason to meet us:
"Mom! If you don't unbuckle me and get me out of this car seat right now I am going to be more grumpy. than. normal."

     One day, while pushing her baby stroller around the house, she walked up to me and very matter-of-factly said this:
"Mom, this is my baby doll. She does not like birthday parties. Because. . . well because. . . well, I don't know. I just don't understand her."
     
     Last week Jacob had Strep and Scarlet Fever. Reece felt bad for him and said:
"Awwww. Poor sweet Jacob. Bless your head."

     Jacob and Reece were fighting over a toy and Reece yelled at Jacob:
"No, Jacob! Stop! Never! Give! Up!"
     I guess Reece has been watching too much Yo Gabba Gabba, but doesn't really understand the context of "Never Give Up."


2 comments:

  1. Haha, you're kid is funny!
    Is Jacob better? How scary to have all that at once with 2 other kids in the house. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He is much better! It was very pathetic. Luckily no one else caught it!

      Delete