January 23, 2012

Our Flower Girl!

Our friends Jacob and Alix got married this weekend and had Reece as their flower girl. The wedding was absolutely beautiful! The dress, flowers, music, and church were all so perfect. 
With the way I was acting, you would've thought my daughter was the bride! I was so excited and so nervous at the same time. From the moment we walked in the doors, Reece acted very shy and wouldn't let Jason or me put her down. She wanted to be held constantly. Alix and her mom were so wonderful about the whole thing. They said if she goes down the aisle, great. And if not, no big deal, no pressure. But I still really wanted her to do a good job for Alix. The plan was for Jason to keep her in the lobby until her turn to walk down the aisle. Then, when it was her turn, send her to where I was sitting (the edge of the second pew). 
Here's a video of how it went. I missed her coming out of the doors because she ran out so fast! And I didn't want to be "that mom" and jump out in front of the last two bridesmaids that were still walking. When the video starts she is looking back at the ring bearer like she wanted to say, "What's the hold up? Let's go!" 


We were so happy! She got a lot of compliments after the wedding. She didn't steal the show from the bride, but she came pretty darn close!

No comments:

Post a Comment